Tuesday 3 May 2011

Food - my second love

There is no doubt that since I have gotten married, I seem to be a little "squishier".  Blame it on the wine, beer, chips, and my forever love of pasta.  I have always been the kind of person to eat what I want, but normally am relatively active.  Marriage kicked activity to the curb as well - hanging out with the hubbie on the couch and powering through a 5 hour Criminal Minds marathon sounds so much better going for a run.  I have recently decided that all this nonsense needs to stop.  I have started to  track my eating and have been SO hungry for a week!  But I have made a few yummy recipes and I am going to share with you my May meal plan.  I only planned 2 meals per week (suppers only) because having a meal planned for every.single.day. is slightly intimidating for me and I probably would fail bitterly.  

Yesterday was the first day of my meal plan and I made the following: 

Rice with black bean sauce
BBQ'd chicken breast
Green salad with red pepper, apples, green onion, and raspberry vinaigrette.
Cucumber slices

This was a super meal, and would have been complimented wonderfully with a glass of red wine - but I resisted.  I was also going to make Black Bean Soup today for the rest of my lunches this week - but today was 15% off Tuesday and I did not have all my supplies.  I do realize that most people WANT to shop on this day - but I despise busy grocery stores and would rather pay more money than to deal with that.  

Today I cheated and we had leftovers - except for a meat.  And this is where I went downhill.  I had a microwave thing of ginger beef in the freezer, so I warmed that up.  I know it is brutal, but I actually ate very very little of the meat and leftover rice and made a extremely large plate of veggies with hummus.  YUM!

Here is the rest of my plan...

May 4: Greek steak wraps
Boasts an arrangement of colourful vegetables with slices of steak grilled to perfection.  Topped with a wee bit of goat cheese.

May 9: Spaghetti with spaghetti squash
Janis, this squash stuff better be good.  I may make some noodles to keep the hubbie happy...
 - I also plan to make a huge amount of meat so I can whip up some lasagne's

May 11: Pork chops, veggies (whatever is on sale), and yams
I will make potatoes for the hubbie - he doesn't like yams.  

May 12: Possibly, pork sandwiches.  

May 16: Vegetable fritatta with ham
I made 2 large hams for Steve's birthday so I'll put the leftovers in here!

May 18: Enchilada Casserole
Looks soooo good

May 30: Vegetarian Tex Mex Pepper with pork, chicken or steak.  
*I don't do vegetarian.

So there you have it.  My life in meals.  

I'll keep you posted on how it goes!  

Also, it rained today again so no landscaping is being completed.  Which in turn means that I am one day further away from my dream yard.  Sigh...







No comments:

Post a Comment